|Zeroing range||Primary scope:
Top mount reflex:
It has a magnification strength range of 3x-10x and features a top mounted reflex sight for use in close quarters.
Zeroing is limited to a minimum of 300 m to a maximum of 2,000 m for the primary optic while the backup reflex sight uses a fixed range of 200 m.
The AMS uses a GAP reticle with milliradian markings on both horizontal and vertical axes. It is largely compatible with most* marksmen and sniper rifles alike, as well as specific .338 machine guns. This includes:
- CMR-76 bullpup marksman rifle (6.5 mm)
- Cyrus marksman rifle (9.3 mm)
- GM6 Lynx bullpup sniper rifle (12.7 mm)
- M320 LRR sniper rifle (.408)
- MAR-10 marksman rifle (.338)
- Mk14 battle rifle (7.62 mm)
- Mk18 ABR battle rifle (7.62 mm)
- Mk-I EMR marksman rifle (7.62 mm)
- MXM marksman rifle (6.5 mm)
- Rahim bullpup marksman rifle (7.62 mm)
- SPAR-17 marksman rifle (7.62 mm)
- SPMG general-purpose machine gun (.338)
(*) The AMS is not intended for use on the ASP-1 Kir as the latter is not considered to be a "true" marksman rifle.
- Sand: Standard beige sand paint finish. Used by both Mediterranean and Eastern European NATO marksmen.
- Black: Matte black finish. Exclusively utilised by CTRG operatives.
- Khaki: Forest green paint finish. Only used by Pacific NATO marksmen.
- The scope itself appears to be modelled after the U.S. Optics "MR-10" riflescope, while the top-mount red dot sight is directly based on the "Ultradot L/T" designed by Ultradot USA.
Optical sights of comparable role and configuration
- MOS (NATO/AAF short-ranged counterpart)
- LRPS (NATO/CSAT long-ranged counterpart)
- DMS (CSAT short-ranged counterpart)
- Kahlia (CSAT counterpart, ArmA 3: Marksmen only)
|Weapon attachments of ArmA 3|
|Collimators||ACO • MRD • Yorris J2|
|Holographic sights||Mk17 Holosight|
|Riflescopes||ARCO • ERCO • MRCO • PMS • RCO|
|Sniper scopes||AMS • DMS • Kahlia • LRPS • MOS|
|Thermal/Night vision||TWS (MG) • Nightstalker • NVS|
|Aiming devices||IR laser pointer|
|Muzzle||SIMCOM Adapter • Sound Suppressor (5.56 mm, 5.7 mm, 5.8 mm, 6.5 mm, Stealth, 7.62 mm, .338, 9 mm, 9.3 mm, .45 ACP)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Contact DLC