|«||The ASP-1 Kir is a special purpose weapon. This semi-automatic rifle is unique thanks to the built-in silencer and ammunition it uses. The special 12.7x54 mm subsonic round can penetrate heavy body armor at 100 m. Kir is a devastating weapon at short ranges but above 200 m it very quickly loses efficiency.
|ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm|
|Type||Marksman Rifle / SPW|
The ASP-1 Kir is a semi-automatic, integrally-suppressed special sniper rifle chambered to fire the subsonic 12.7×54 mm round.
It loads from 10-round box magazines, and can attain a fire rate of up to 600 rounds per minute with a muzzle velocity of just 290 m/s. It accepts accessories on all three of its rails: top, side and underbarrel, but cannot be fitted with any muzzle attachments as it uses an integral suppressor.
It is exceptionally powerful and can be used to take out even heavily armoured infantry in one or two shots (albeit at close ranges only). It is most effective when paired with the DMS optic, as it is the only scope that can be ranged down to 100 metres.
However, it should be noted that the ASP-1 is neither a true DMR nor sniper weapon. It should not be used to engage targets more than 150 metres away as the subsonic round's power drops-off very quickly the further it travels. In addition, the extremely wide trajectory of the round's ballistic model makes it almost impossible to attack long range targets with.
- Black: Matte black paint finish.
- Tan: Tan paint finish.
|Base damage value||Aerodynamic friction||Initial velocity (m/s)||Penetration depth (mm)|
There is only one type of magazine available for the ASP-1 to load. It weighs in at a total "mass" of 12 units:
12.7 mm 10Rnd Mag
Box mag loaded with specialised 12.7 mm subsonic ammunition. Does not have any visible tracer rounds loaded.
- The ASP-1 Kir is one out of seven premium weapons featured in the DLC. Simply equip it (and the other six) in the Virtual Arsenal and begin testing it. Can be done in a single sitting or in multiple playthroughs.
- The Kir is based on a combination of two real-world Russian weapons; both the "VKS" and "VSS Vintorez" sniper rifles.
- The ballistics model of its 12.7 mm round is largely identical to the real "12.7×55mm STs-130" round used by the former, while the design of the stock and overall weapon layout are inspired by the latter.
- Prior to its official release, the ASP-1 Kir was previously known as the "AKINA". Curiously enough, it was shown to be a NATO weapon before being changed to become a CSAT-exclusive weapon.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
|CSAT - Armoury (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Carbines||Katiba Carbine 6.5 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba 6.5 mm (Katiba GL) • SDAR 5.56 mm • Type 115 6.5 mm*|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
* denotes weapons exclusive to the Viper sub-faction.
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC
|Russian Spetsnaz - Armoury (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm|
|Carbines||AKU-12 7.62 mm|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||RPK-12 7.62 mm|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Contact DLC