ArmA 3's Art of War DLC (alternately titled as the Art of War Charity Pack) is a charity-oriented DLC that adds clothing, props, a playable showcase mission, and an interactive gallery featuring artwork procured by the contest winners. It was released on February 23rd, 2021.
|«||Welcome to the Art of War...
Create original 2D art and basic 3D models for a new, upcoming Arma 3 charity DLC to help raise money for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the chance to win some splendid prizes!
Official DLC Description
Dedicated exclusively to raising funds for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), this DLC features 2D artwork created by contest winners displayed in an interactive gallery.
Art of War's assets are temporarily classified as premium content. The virtual gallery and 3D assets will eventually become freely available for all players in late Q3/Q4 2021.
Prospective early adopters of the DLC can choose from one out of three amounts to donate to charity. The amount donated does not affect the quantity of premium assets unlocked for the "owner". All proceeds from sales (after tax) are subsequently donated to the ICRC.
NOTE: All content is only available initially to "owners" of the DLC. They will eventually become freely available to all users in late Q3/Q4 2021, regardless of whether they participate in the DLC's charity event.
- Art of War exhibition/gallery
- Cultural Property showcase mission
- Art of War is the third charity-themed DLC for ArmA 3 after Karts and Laws of War.
- By popular demand, the list of permissible entries for the 2D artwork category was eventually expanded to include screenshots rather than just freehand artwork (albeit as a bonus category of its own).
- Due to the lack of submissions for 3D art assets, the category was omitted from the list of winners and reduced to only 2D artwork. However, the entrants who participated were still awarded consolation prizes in recognition of their efforts.
- Editor props and thematic clothing assets will still be included in the DLC, though they will be created inhouse by the studio's artists.
- The initial date for the unveiling of the finalists was scheduled for release on August 5th, 2020. However, it was omitted in favour of announcing the winners earlier on August 19th.
- The intended release date was also modified from sometime in late November to an ambiguous late 2020. However, on November 21st this was again delayed to sometime in early 2021 until February 19th, when its official release date was finally announced.
- Art of War was initially slated to become free content on September 12, 2021, though this has been pushed back to an unknown (as of yet) date in late Q3/Q4 2021.
|DLC (ArmA 3)|
|Premium||Main||Karts • Helicopters • Marksmen • Apex • Jets • Laws of War • Tac-Ops • Tanks • Contact • Art of War|
|Creator||Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany • S.O.G. Prairie Fire • CSLA Iron Curtain|
|Free||Zeus • Malden|
|Official Addon||ADR-97 Weapon Pack*|
|Entries are listed in order of release from left (oldest) to right (newest)|
* deprecated/incorporated as official content.