It is able to store up to eight rifle magazines/underbarrel grenade launcher rounds or between two to four heavier belt pouches/boxes at once.
Unlike its heavier counterpart, non-heavy firearms cannot be placed inside the Assault Pack, so its utility is mostly limited to storing small amounts of rifle magazines or UGL rounds and hand grenades.
(*) This backpack is non-functional in regular gameplay, and is only designed to connect to linked UAV drones via the UAV module placed in the editor.
- ACU: Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP) version with grey straps. Used by conventional U.S. Army soldiers.
- Coyote: Coyote tan version with tan straps. Only used by U.S. Army special operations.
- Black: All black colour scheme. Exclusive to the UAV Terminal Pack carried by U.S. Army special operations units.
|Storage capacity||160 mass|
Easy to wear and able to store a decent amount of gear and ammunition (up to 160 units of "mass"), the Assault Pack is usually carried by heavy weapons troops and other soldiers who cannot carry the heavier packs due to the weight of their weapons, but still require a backpack to store spare munitions.
While its total capacity is less than that of the Field Pack by 40, it is much lighter and inflicts less of a stamina penalty on the carrier.
Ben Kerry's surname printed onto it.
There are no capacity or weight differences to the regular Assault Pack.
Remote Designator, which can be unpacked and constructed in the field onto any valid surface (or alternately, disassembled into backpack form).
It is only available in either regular MTP/woodland MTP or Arid Hex camouflage covers for the NATO and CSAT variants (respectively). Neither can store any equipment, and there are no other camouflage varieties available to choose from.
- Digi: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern.
- Khaki: Faded ranger green colour scheme with olive green straps.
- Green: Mud brown colour scheme with ranger green straps.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern.
- Black: All black colour scheme.
- Coyote: Coyote tan colour scheme with coyote brown straps.
- MTP: MTP camouflage pattern with khaki straps.
- Tropic: Tropical MTP camouflage pattern with dark green straps.
- Sage: Faded sage green colour scheme with dark turquoise straps.
- Woodland: MTP Woodland camouflage pattern with dark green straps.
- Geometric: Woodland camouflage intended to mimic the LDF's Geometric pattern.
- The ArmA 3 Assault Pack appears to be modelled after two real-world backpacks: Rothco's "Medium Transport Pack" and Condor Outdoor's "Compact Assault Pack".
- Ironically, the supposedly ranger green-coloured version used by Mediterranean NATO forces is not actually furnished in ranger green. The khaki version on the other hand, is coloured in ranger green (albeit heavily faded and worn-out).
|Backpacks of ArmA 2|
|Small||Czech Vest Pouch • RPG Pack (CZ)|
|Medium||ALICE Pack • Assault Pack • Civilian Assault Pack • RPG Pack|
|Large||British Assault Pack • Coyote Backpack • Czech Backpack|
|Operation Arrowhead | British Armed Forces | Army of the Czech Republic|
|Backpacks of ArmA 3|
|Small||Combination Unit Respirator • Leg Strap Bag • Messenger Bag|
|Medium||Assault Pack • Everyday Backpack • Field Pack • Kitbag • Radio Pack • Sports Backpack • Tactical Backpack • Viper Harness|
|Large||Carryall Backpack • Bergen Backpack|
|Apex DLC | Laws of War DLC | Contact DLC|