|Armour rating||Level II|
A conventional off-the-shelf Kevlar helmet, the Basic Helmet provides rudimentary protection from both ballistic and explosive-based weaponry. It weighs a total "mass" of 30 units, and is usually worn by both IDAP aid workers, paramilitary fighters, law enforcement officers and news reporters alike.
Rated at Level II standards, the Basic Helmet offers little resistance against bullets or explosives larger than Unexploded Ordnance (UXO) fragments. With a base armour value of 6, the Basic Helmet can at most allow the user to survive one point blank hit from a 9 mm-chambered firearm; anything larger will not be blocked.
Press Helmet (Neck Protection)
|Press Helmet (Neck Protection)|
|Armour rating||Level III|
This variant of the Basic Helmet is utilised exclusively by war correspondents deployed to active warzones. Unlike the baseline helmet, it weighs in at a "mass" of 40 units instead and provides better coverage of the user's neck, retaining a base armour value of 8.
The Press Helmet is rated at Level III standards. It can potentially allow the wearer to survive a single 6.5 mm bullet. However, it is not intended to serve as a combat helmet and will be unable to block large calibre projectiles. The addition of the neck cover is meant to minimise damage from small explosives rather than bullets.
- Blue: Dark blue paint finish. Used by IDAP explosive removal specialists and the Tanoan Gendarmerie's tactical response teams.
- Black: Black paint finish.
- White: Flat white paint finish.
- Olive: Olive green paint finish. Worn by both Altian government Loyalists and AAF paramilitary fighters.
- Press: Dark blue paint finish with PRESS written on the front. Used on both regular and neck cover-fitted variants worn by AAN reporters.
- The Basic Helmet is based on the real "PASGT" helmet still in use with numerous militaries worldwide and prior to its replacement, by the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Following the release of the Old Man mini-campaign/scenario, the Tanoan Gendarmerie's tactical response teams and Quick Reaction Force units are also depicted using the Basic Helmet.
- Early in Laws of War's development, the Basic Helmet was intended to feature a visor that would cover the user's face. This idea was eventually scrapped due to model clipping issues, as well as limitations with ArmA 3's Real Virtuality engine with regards to transparency rendering.
|Wearable helmets in ArmA 3|
|Level I||Crew Helmet [Soft] • Hard Hat • Light Combat Helmet • Racing Helmet • Skate Helmet|
|Level II||Advanced Modular Helmet (Chops, Ear Protectors) • Basic Helmet • Combat Helmet (Camo) • Heli Pilot Helmet (Crew) • Modular Helmet • Stealth Combat Helmet|
|Level III||Avenger Helmet • Crew Helmet • Pilot Helmet • Press Helmet [Neck Protection] • Protector Helmet|
|Level IV||Assassin Helmet • Enhanced Combat Helmet|
|Level V||Defender Helmet • Special Purpose Helmet|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
Karts DLC | Apex DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC | Contact DLC