|«||Designated marksman rifle of an Eastern origin. It is a gas operated, semi-automatic rifle of a bullpup construction. The housing is made of polymer. The rifle is chambered in 6.5 mm and therefore is most suited to ranges from 500 to 700 meters. The CMR-76 is missing both the sides and the bottom rails but is equipped with a bipod by default.
|CMR-76 6.5 mm|
|Type||Bullpup Designated Marksman Rifle|
The CMR-76 is a gas operated designated marksman rifle with a short-stroke piston that is chambered to fire cased 6.5×39 mm ammunition.
It loads from 20-round magazines, and can attain a fire rate of up to 652 rounds per minute with a muzzle velocity of 980 m/s. It supports top rail accessories and muzzle-fitted suppressors. It cannot be fitted with any flashlights or laser pointers, and eschews the need to mount underbarrel attachments as it uses an integral bipod.
The CMR-76 provides the operator with the ability to provide great sniper fire cover. It can be effectively used to suppress enemies with precision accuracy at distances of up to ~ 790 metres. It weighs the same as its NATO counterpart but is more accurate at medium-long ranges and has less recoil.
The main downside to the CMR-76 stem from its relatively small magazine capacity, which contains only twenty rounds versus the MXM's thirty or even a hundred if loaded with the MX SW's stacked magazines.
Furthermore, unlike most marksman rifles it is limited to a semi-automatic fire mode only. When it comes to attachment options, the CMR-76 only allows for sound suppressors and optical sights to be fitted. Due to the lack of a side rail, it isn't possible to mount a laser pointer or flashlight onto the weapon.
- Black: Standard black paint finish. Primarily used by Pacific CSAT marksmen.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam camouflage pattern.
|Base damage value||Aerodynamic friction||Initial velocity (m/s)||Penetration depth (mm)|
The CMR-76 only supports one type of magazine. It weighs a total of 7 "mass" units.
6.5 mm 20Rnd Mag
Box magazine loaded with cased 6.5 mm ammunition. Does not contain any visible tracers.
- The CMR-76 is directly based on the real-world "QBU-88" designed by the China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) for use by the People's Liberation Army.
- Although portrayed as the service DMR of Pacific CSAT forces, the CMR-76 (along with the CAR-95 series) uses an incorrect naming nomenclature despite the fact that other weapons like the Type 115 are designated correctly.
- The correct designation for the CMR-76 would actually be Type 88-1 (not to be confused with the real North Korean-made "Type 88" assault rifle used by the Korean People's Army). The -1 suffix would be to designate that it is a further modernised and improved variant of the existing QBU-88.
- Curiously, it is also the only 6.5 mm-chambered firearm which fires cased ammunition rather than caseless.
- Prior to Apex's official release, teaser previews showed a large compensator installed on the CMR-76's muzzle. Though the reason remains unclear, it was eventually removed by the development team once Apex neared release.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
|CSAT - Armoury (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Carbines||Katiba Carbine 6.5 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba 6.5 mm (Katiba GL) • SDAR 5.56 mm • Type 115 6.5 mm*|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
* denotes weapons exclusive to the Viper sub-faction.
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC