|Armour rating||Level III|
Versatile and relatively light to wear, the Carrier Lite is the standard-issue plate carrier vest worn by all NATO infantrymen. It weighs a "mass" of 80 and provides enough space for up to 140 units worth of ammunition/gear.
Rated at Level III protection standards, the Carrier Lite's plate inserts cover the user's chest, diaphragm and abdomen from ballistic threats. Each part retains identical base armour values of 16 apiece (with 70% damage reduction modifiers), and can shrug off a single point blank hit from a 7.62 mm bullet.
Compared to its bulkier cousin, the amount of surface coverage and protection offered by the Carrier Lite is quite mediocre. It provides only the bare minimum of resistance to gunfire and offers almost zero protection from explosives; only the wearer's torso is covered by the plate while the rest of the body (pelvic region/arms) remain completely exposed.
- Green: Ranger green colour with olive drab straps. Standard issue for Mediterranean NATO forces.
- Green (No Flag): Identical to regular ranger green-coloured vests but lacks the subdued U.S. flag patch. Exclusively used by CTRG Group 15 operatives.
- Black: All-black colour scheme.
- Tropic: Tropical MTP camouflage pattern scheme with forest green-coloured straps. Only employed by Pacific NATO forces.
- Woodland: Subdued Woodland MTP camouflage pattern scheme with dark green coloured straps. Exclusive to Eastern European NATO forces.
- Carrier Lites appear to be based on the "CAGE Plate Carrier" (CPC) designed by Crye Precision LLC.
- Corporal Ben Kerry retains a unique version of the Carrier Lite with a tag of his last name ("KERRY") specifically attached to the front of the vest. Aside from the tag and some minor cosmetic changes however, it remains statistically identical to regular Carrier Lites.
- Despite being the standard-issue vest of every single one of NATO's regional branches, Mediterranean NATO forces lack access to a dedicated, arid MTP-camouflaged version of the Carrier Lite.
- Only the ranger green and black variants were initially available upon ArmA 3's release. The Tropic variant was not added until the Apex expansion pack, while the Woodland scheme would not become available until the Contact expansion's release.
|Wearable vests in ArmA 3|
|Level I||Raven Vest • Rebreather • Tactical Vest|
|Level II||Deck Crew Vest • Press Vest • Police Vest (Gendarmerie)|
|Level III||Carrier Lite • CTRG Plate Carrier Rig Mk.1 • GA Carrier Lite (Rig, GL) • Modular Carrier Vest (Lite, GL)|
|Level IV||Carrier Rig (GL) • CTRG Plate Carrier Rig Mk.2 • EOD Vest|
|Level V||Carrier Special Rig|
|Armourless||Chest Rig • Identification Vest • Kipchak • LBV Harness (Grenadier) • Leg Strap Bag • Multi-Pocket Vest • Rangemaster Belt • Safety Vest • Slash Bandolier • Tactical Chest Rig|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC | Contact DLC