|Top speed||~ 100 km/h|
|Service ceiling||~ 1,250 m|
|Fuel capacity||100 fuel units|
|Primary armament|| Main:
- Explosive ordnance disposal
|«|| Engineers of the International Development & Aid Project took a standard Utility Drone and modified it for highly effective mine clearance operations. This improvised drone uses a powerful sensor ring to detect mines as it flies low above the ground. It then releases one of its 4 demining charges from a higher altitude in order to safely detonate mines or other types of ordnance below.|
The Demining Drone is miniature VTOL-capable hexacopter that is small enough to be carried in a backpack.
It is primarily designed to dispose of land mines from the air by dropping light charges on top or near them in order to safely trigger them from a distance.
Whenever a charge is deployed, it creates a loud whistling noise that can be easily heard. The charges themselves also emit a coloured trail of smoke to make it highly visible from afar.
To prevent damage to the airframe itself, it is recommended that the charges only be dropped at a minimum safe altitude of 25 m and above.
The Demining Drone has a base armour value of just 0.5.
Exclusively designed for mine disposal, the Demining Drone has only one unique sensor available:
The Demining Drone is able to sense the location of buried landmines and IEDs within a 360 degree radius and at a maximum distance of 50 m from the drone's current position.
Unlike other types of sensors, there is no azimuth or elevation restriction.
- The Demining Drone is inspired by a Dutch-made concept UAV model that was designed by the Micro Air Vehicle Lab (MAVLab), an educational institution based at the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands.
- Along with the Utility Drone, the Demining Drone is currently one of the only two rotary-wing based air assets in ArmA 3 that utilise six rotors.
- It is the first vehicle in the entire series that is designed exclusively for carrying out EOD duties.
- A billboard in the IDAP showcase mentions that Demining Drones are manufactured by an Armaverse company called the Macrotech Corporation.
- Following the release of the Contact expansion pack, Eastern European NATO forces are also briefly depicted using the Demining Drone (though they aren't shown utilising it outside of the campaign).