|Heli Pilot Helmet|
|Armour rating||Level II|
The Heli Pilot Helmet is a ballistic-resistant helmet worn by BLUFOR, REDFOR and INDFOR helicopter pilots in ArmA 3.
Rated at only Level II standards, they offer minimal resistance against small arms fire. Rather, they are intended to shield the wearer from the indirect effects of small/medium blasts from high-explosive (HE) based munitions or surface-to-air missiles.
It should be noted that the visor does not provide protection for the wearer's face.
Heli Crew Helmet
|Heli Crew Helmet|
|Armour rating||Level II|
A modified variant of the baseline helmet. It has a face shield attached to the front of the helmet, shield the user's nose and mouth from incoming damage.
Also rated at Level II standards, the Heli Crew variant provides marginally better protection for the wearer due to the addition of the face shield. It is much heavier compared to the regular helmet however, and weighs a "mass" of 50 units instead.
The face shield is not intended to be ballistic-resistant as it has an armour value of just 4 points, but can help to minimise the amount of damage incurred from explosions.
- Black: Matte black paint finish. Used on variants worn by NATO aviators.
- Khaki: Flat olive paint finish. Used by both LDF and CSAT helicopter pilots/crews.
- Digital: Digitised semi-fractal camouflage pattern. Exclusively employed on AAF variants.
- Heli Pilot Helmets are modelled on real-world "HGU-56/P" aircrew helmets designed by the Gentex Corporation. On the other hand, the face shields fitted to Heli Crew variants are based on the "Maxillofacial Shield" (MFS) - also manufactured by Gentex specifically for use on its products.
- Oddly enough, they are also shared with in-game CSAT forces. Both the Iranian Armed Forces and Chinese People's Liberation Army/People's Liberation Army Air Force utilise their own indigenous designs, and would not be using an American-made helmet.
- An unused variant of the helmet (Model name: headgear_helmet_heli_visor_up.p3d) can be found within the game files. When configured and added into the game through a custom addon, it is visibly identical to regular Heli Pilot Helmets but has a retracted visor.
|Wearable helmets in ArmA 3|
|Level I||Crew Helmet [Soft] • Hard Hat • Light Combat Helmet • Racing Helmet • Skate Helmet|
|Level II||Advanced Modular Helmet (Chops, Ear Protectors) • Basic Helmet • Combat Helmet (Camo) • Heli Pilot Helmet (Crew) • Modular Helmet • Stealth Combat Helmet|
|Level III||Avenger Helmet • Crew Helmet • Pilot Helmet • Press Helmet [Neck Protection] • Protector Helmet|
|Level IV||Assassin Helmet • Enhanced Combat Helmet|
|Level V||Defender Helmet • Special Purpose Helmet|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
Karts DLC | Apex DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC | Contact DLC