|«||Fight in the sky with brand new air-superiority jets and use advanced targeting systems to shoot down the enemy. The Arma 3 Jets DLC will feature three new fighter jets, a new Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle (UCAV), a new Showcase scenario, new Steam Achievements, and more. The Jets DLC will be accompanied by a free platform update introducing a sensor overhaul to enhance targeting, an improved fixed-wing damage model by extending the number of hitpoints and damage effects, dynamic vehicle loadouts, various other jet-related improvements, plus the CVN-83 "USS Freedom" Aircraft Carrier as free bonus content for everyone who owns Arma 3.
Official DLC Description
Available regardless of ownership, the Jets DLC includes an overhaul to ArmA 3's targeting and detection systems. This overhaul adds a new radar interface for targeting guided weapons using a mixture of Active Radar and Infrared sensor technology.
The Data Link feature has also been included, allowing certain aircraft and ground vehicles to share their targeting/sensor data with one another.
Dynamic loadouts are now available for both rotary- and fixed-wing aircraft, enabling mission editors to customise the types of armament used on aircraft provided that they have pylons which support the feature.
Other free additions include the USS Freedom (CVN-83), a static aircraft carrier with a suite of automated defensive turrets, and a Y-32 Xi'an VTOL showcase for players that own the Apex DLC. Several new aircraft carrier-based props and objects are also available for use in the Eden editor.
The Encore update, included as a major addon as part of the Jets DLC's platform update, also adds the USS Liberty static destroyer ship and incorporates static heavy anti-air turrets for both NATO and CSAT: the MIM-145 Defender and S-750 Rhea. Aircraft loadouts have also been expanded to allow specific jets to launch air-to-ground anti-radiation missiles.
Like the main platform update, Encore's additions are completely free for both DLC and non-owners.
(*) Denotes premium content that is only available to DLC owners.
(**) Denotes free content included as part of the platform update.
(***) Denotes additional free content included with the Encore update.
- USS Freedom aircraft carrier**
- USS Liberty destroyer***
- MIM-145 Defender heavy AA system***
- AN/MPQ-105 radar trailer***
- To-201 Shikra stealth multirole fighter jet*
- A-149 Gryphon multirole fighter/attack jet*
- This was the first DLC in the entire series to have been externally developed in partnership with a third party group (Bravo Zero One Studios).
- The project lead of B01, Joshua Carpenter (aka Saul), was behind the creation of the "F/A-18X Black Wasp" addon. It was one of the entrants in the Addon category for Bohemia Interactive's Make Arma Not War competition and achieved third place amongst the finalists.
- The Encore update was released on August 1st, 2018 as part of Game Update 1.84, and was specially made by the B01 team as a free content patch for Jets.
|DLC (ArmA 3)|
|Premium||Main||Karts • Helicopters • Marksmen • Apex • Jets • Laws of War • Tac-Ops • Tanks • Contact|
|Creator||Global Mobilization - Cold War Germany • S.O.G. Prairie Fire • CSLA Iron Curtain • Western Sahara|
|Free||Zeus • Malden • Art of War|
|Official Addon||ADR-97 Weapon Pack*|
|Entries are listed in order of release from left (oldest) to right (newest)|
* deprecated/incorporated as official content.