|«||The Mk-1 EMR (Enhanced Marksman Rifle) is a modern marksman rifle chambered in 7.62 mm NATO. It is a light, reliable, and easily serviceable weapon, which can benefit from various attachments. The EMR offers single and full auto fire modes and it suited to ranges from 600 to 800 m.
|Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm|
|Type||Designated Marksman Rifle|
|Calibre||7.62×51 mm NATO|
The Mk-I EMR is a gas operated, selective-fire marksman rifle that is chambered to fire the 7.62×51 mm NATO round.
It loads from 20-round box magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 600 rounds per minute on full auto, with a muzzle velocity of 940 m/s. The EMR accepts accessories on its top, side and underbarrel rails, and can also mount attachments on its muzzle.
The EMR provides the operator the ability to lay down precision firepower at medium-long ranges, while being (relatively) compact enough to use in close quarters if necessary.
Compared to the Mk18, the EMR is heavier to carry and retains a lower rate of fire. Overall accuracy is much better however, and the EMR has less noticeable recoil when the weapon is stabilised properly.
This, combined with its greater muzzle velocity, which can be further increased with the aid of a muzzle suppressor, allows the EMR to incapacitate or outright kill armoured targets at distances of up to 800 metres.
However, given the limited capacity of the EMR's magazine - incidentally a problem that all 7.62 mm battle rifles share, along with its increased weight and overall inertia penalties, the EMR is still not particularly useful in close quarters. As such, it shouldn't be brought onto missions that will involve CQB as its drawbacks in these situations far outweigh its strengths.
- Sand: Standard desert sand/flat dark earth paint scheme. Used by Mediterranean NATO forces.
- Camo: Spraypaint scheme designed to mimic NATO's MTP uniform camouflage.
- Black: Matte black paint scheme.
- Khaki: Two-coloured paint scheme with khaki green-painted stock/furniture and a matte black chassis. Primarily used by Pacific NATO forces.
- Woodland: Unique woodland camouflage scheme.
NOTE: Although the Mk-I EMR utilises the same magazines as other 7.62 mm NATO DMRs/battle rifles, its penetration depth and range is still much higher due to its increased muzzle velocity. All other aspects remain the same, however.
|Base damage value||Aerodynamic friction||Initial velocity (m/s)||Penetration depth (mm)|
The EMR can load two types of 7.62 mm magazines:
7.62 mm 20Rnd Mag
Box mag with 7.62 mm NATO ball ammunition. Weighs a total "mass" of 12.
Does not have any visible tracer rounds loaded.
7.62 mm 10Rnd Mk14 Mag
10-round magazine intended for exclusive use on the civilian Mk14.
Unlike the standard 20-rounders, it weighs a "mass" of 8 units instead.
- The Mk-I EMR is one out of seven premium weapons featured in the DLC. Simply equip it (and the other six) in the Virtual Arsenal and begin testing it. Can be done in a single sitting or in multiple playthroughs.
- The Mk-I EMR is based on Sig Sauer's "SG 556 DMR". Aside from using a differently shaped box magazine and being chambered to fire 7.62 mm NATO instead, it is mostly identical to its real-world counterpart.
- Several Tanoan Gendarmerie officers can be seen wielding Mk-I EMRs furnished in black throughout the Old Man mini-campaign/scenario, though only by select sharpshooters positioned at the larger police stations.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- SPAR-17 (CTRG counterpart, ArmA 3: Apex only)
- Rahim (CSAT counterpart)
- Mk18 ABR (AAF counterpart)
- Mk14 (FIA counterpart, ArmA 3: Marksmen only)
|NATO - Armoury (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm* • Spectrum Device|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Carbines||MXC 6.5 mm*|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX*, MX 3GL*) • SDAR 5.56 mm • SPAR-16 series* (SPAR-16*, SPAR-16 GL*)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338* • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm*|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm* • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm*|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1* • PCML* • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
* denotes weapons also used or are exclusive to the CTRG sub-faction.
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC