|«||Navid is a medium machine gun serving as a powerful support weapon. It uses the 9.3x64 mm ammunition. Navid's weight over 12 kg makes it quite difficult to fire from the standing position, but when deployed, it is a precise and deadly machine gun with outstanding suppressive effect.
|Navid 9.3 mm|
|Type||General-Purpose Machine Gun|
The Navid is a gas operated medium machine gun that is chambered to fire the 9.3×64mm round.
It feeds from 150-round belts stored in cloth pouches, and has a variable rate of fire depending on its current fire mode: either 705 rounds per minute or 1,500 rounds per minute (on burst fire). It has a muzzle velocity of 785 m/s, and can fit accessories onto its top, side and underbarrel rails. Unlike the Zafir LMG used by Mediterranean CSAT forces, the muzzle also supports being mounted with attachments.
The Navid is an excellent weapon to use for both medium and long-ranged combat. It features a unique three-round burst mode that can fire all three rounds in the span of less than 0.04 seconds, which can easily tear through light vehicles or soft cover.
When employing the Navid, the operator should always have a good view of the area that they are engaging, and be dug onto a stable surface. Given that it is chambered in 9.3 mm, the Navid can easily penetrate through thin walls at almost any distance.
However, it should also be noted that while it can be devastating from a defensive position, the Navid is also extremely heavy to carry. Its bulky size makes it poorly suited for close quarters, and its excessive weight makes it taxing to carry on long distance recon patrols or any other situation that demands mobility.
In retrospect, these factors contribute to the Navid being more a difficult weapon to handle overall. But if set up properly, then it can become a powerful weapon in the right hands.
- Tan: Dark tan finish with black-coloured grips/stock. Exclusive to CSAT's elite Guards troops.
- Hex: Standard tan finish but with an Arid Hexacam pattern applied over certain parts. Also uses black-coloured grips and a stock. Standard scheme utilised by Mediterranean CSAT forces.
|Base damage value||Aerodynamic friction||Initial velocity (m/s)||Penetration depth (mm)|
The Navid only supports being fed from a single type of cloth pouch. It has a "mass" value of 70 units:
9.3mm 150Rnd Belt
Linked belt containing one (visible) green tracer for every three rounds. The last six rounds of the belt always consist of tracers.
- The Navid is one out of seven premium weapons featured in the DLC. Simply equip it (and the other six) in the Virtual Arsenal and begin testing it. Can be done in a single sitting or in multiple playthroughs.
- The Navid is based on the "MG5" (formerly also known as the "HK121") designed by Heckler & Koch GmbH of Germany; though unlike the in-game Navid the real MG5 is chambered to fire 7.62 mm NATO ammunition as opposed to ArmA 3's 9.3 mm round.
- The Navid's unique three-round burst mode is very similar to that of the Nikonov mechanism used by the real-life "AN-94" assault rifle.
- Like the Navid, the AN-94 is noted for its ability to attain an extremely high rate of fire (capable of reaching up to 1,800 rounds per minute) with its two-round burst mode that can fire both rounds in less than the fraction of a second.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
|CSAT - Armoury (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||Rook-40 9 mm • Zubr .45|
|Submachine guns||Sting 9 mm|
|Carbines||Katiba Carbine 6.5 mm|
|Assault rifles||CAR-95 series (CAR-95, CAR-95 GL) • Katiba 6.5 mm (Katiba GL) • SDAR 5.56 mm • Type 115 6.5 mm*|
|Designated marksman rifles||ASP-1 Kir 12.7 mm • CMR-76 6.5 mm • Cyrus 9.3 mm • Rahim 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||GM6 Lynx 12.7 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||CAR-95-1 5.8 mm • Zafir 7.62 mm|
|Machineguns||Navid 9.3 mm|
|Launchers||9M135 Vorona • RPG-42 • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
* denotes weapons exclusive to the Viper sub-faction.
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC