ArmA 2's Operation Black Gauntlet campaign continues the story of former British Army paratrooper Brian Frost, who now works as a mercenary as part of callsign Team Sword for the ION Services private military company. It was added with the release of the Private Military Company DLC.
The PMCs were hired to escort a weapons inspection team from the United Nations, who were dispatched to Takistan in order to find evidence of a supposed nuclear weapons programme under the former regime.
- Operation Black Gauntlet is the first campaign since Resistance to feature weapon stockpiling (via Team Sword's SUV vehicles) that carry over across the entire campaign.
- Unlike in Royal Flush, gear is not purchased from a weapons dealer and has to be manually obtained during each mission.
- This is also the first and only campaign in the entire series where the player can "regenerate" health after taking an injury, whether it be from gunfire or accidental falls. It does take time for the health regeneration to take effect however, and the player can still die instantly to explosives and large calibre weapons.
- It is the only campaign in ArmA 2 to feature the same main protagonist (Brian Frost) from a previous campaign (Operation Crimson Lance).
- Operation Crimson Lance (previous)
- Silver Lion (previous)
- Beyond Hope (next)
- Prologue (next)
- Remnants of War (next)
|Cold War Assault||Resistance (1982) • Cold War Crisis (1985)|
|Armed Assault||Armed Assault (2006) • Rahmadi Conflict (2006) • Royal Flush (2007)|
|ArmA 2||Harvest Red (2009) [ Eagle Wing ] • Silver Lion (2010-2012) • Operation Arrowhead (2012) • Operation Crimson Lance (2012) • Operation Black Gauntlet (2013)|
|Tactics||Operation Tempest • Operation No Deal|
|ArmA 3||Beyond Hope (2026) • Prologue (2034) • The East Wind (2035) [ Survive, Stepping Stone, Adapt, Win, Steel Pegasus, Altis Requiem ] • Remnants of War (2034/2035) • Apex Protocol (2035) • Old Man (2038) • First Contact (2039)|
|Mobile Ops||Liberator of Lignos|
|Entries are listed in canonical order from left-to-right.|
[Brackets] denote campaigns taking place concurrently within the same time period.
Italics denote spin-off or non-canon campaigns.
|Multiplayer missions in ArmA 2|
|Harvest Red* • Deathmatch • Detector • Close Quarter Battle • Civil War • Superpowers • Armory • Operation Serpent • When Diplomacy Fails|
|Operation Arrowhead* • Operation Black Gauntlet* • One Shot One Kill • Hike in the Hills • Steel Panthers • Seek and Destroy • Armory • Laser Show • Wildcat • Heat • Morning Dew • Crimson Lance • Mountain Warfare • Dogfighters|
|Tank Hunters • Sector Control|
|* is a standalone campaign.|
Operation Arrowhead | British Armed Forces
NOTE: The Bystrica, Bukovina, standalone Takistan mini-terrain, and Proving Grounds terrains do not have any official multiplayer scenarios.