|Faction|| - CSAT|
|Type||Light Strike Vehicle|
|Seats|| Unarmed: 7 seats:
Armed: 7 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 1800 mass
|Top speed||177 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||50 L|
|Primary armament|| Minigun Loadout only:
AT Loadout only:
|Variants||Unarmed, Minigun, AT|
- Troop transport
- Fire support
|«|| An agile, lightly protected vehicle for 5-6 soldiers – depending on the configuration. Qilin offers safe and fast operating speeds with superior levels of mobility and maneuverability. It is highly adaptable to severe, rugged and restrictive terrains while providing off-road, cross-country mobility under all types of weather conditions. CSAT Pacific forces primarily use the unarmed variant and the armed variant fitted with a 6.5 mm minigun.|
The Qilin is a 4x4 all-terrain, high-mobility vehicle designed to be light, fast and transportable by air.
It is available in three variants, a baseline unarmed version that lacks any weapons, and two armed variants fitted with either a 6.5 mm gatling gun or an anti-tank missile launcher.
Unlike its NATO counterpart, the armed version does not have to compromise on its transportation capabilities and can provide seating for up to six passengers (including the gunner and excluding the driver) regardless of the variant.
All variants have enough seats for the driver and up to six (or five in the case of the armed variants) passengers. For the armed variants, the gunner is considered as the sixth passenger.
It has enough seats to transport up to six passengers, one of whom sits in the (weaponless) turret ring located in the centre of the vehicle. The ring in the centre allows for its passenger to stand up, giving them more clearance while firing on the move.
All other passengers are also capable of firing out of the vehicle, but the vehicle itself is otherwise completely unarmed.
Armed variant of the Qilin. It can also transport the same amount of passengers (including the gunner) but has a 6.5 mm gatling gun mounted on a turret ring located in the centre of the vehicle.
It comes pre-loaded with a single 500-round belt box of 6.5 mm ammunition, and has additional belt boxes stored in reserve totalling up to 1,000 rounds.
Identical to the Minigun variant but is armed with a forward-facing 9M135 Vorona wire-guided AT missile launcher instead. The 9M135 is pre-loaded with a single missile by default and has a further five missiles to reload from (for a total of six).
Transports the same number of passengers as the Minigun variant.
- Black: Pattern-less chrome black paint scheme. Has very limited uses outside of operations set during the night or in areas with very low visibility.
- Hex: Arid Hexacam camouflage pattern. Useful for forested, grass plains, and desert environments.
- Green Hex: Tropical Hexacam pattern camouflage. This is used in heavily forested and tropic environments.
- The Qilin is a slightly altered version of the real-world "Light Strike Vehicle Mark II", a fast attack vehicle developed by ST Kinetics Ltd of Singapore.
- The name "quilin" is derived from a Chinese mythological chimera-like creature, typically depicted as a combination of a Chinese dragon with a horse or a deer.
- Prior to the release of the Tanks DLC, the armed variant of the Qilin was only available with a 6.5 mm minigun. Along with the 9M135 Vorona itself, the AT Qilin was eventually included as part of the platform update; though restrictions still apply to non-Apex owners.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
|CSAT - Vehicles (ArmA 3)|
|Wheeled||Ifrit • MSE-3 Marid • Qilin • Quadbike • Tempest • UGV Saif • Zamak|
|Tracked||2S9 Sochor • BTR-K Kamysh • T-100 Varsuk • T-140 Angara (T-140K) • ZSU-39 Tigris|
|Rotor-wing||Tayran AR-2 • Jinaah AL-6 • Mi-48 Kajman • Mi-290 Taru • PO-30 Orca|
|Fixed-wing||KH-3A Fenghuang • K40 Abalil-3 • To-199 Neophron • To-201 Shikra • Y-32 Xi'an|
|Aquatic||Assault boat • Speedboat • Swimmer delivery vehicle|
|Helicopters DLC | Apex DLC | Jets DLC | Laws of War DLC | Tanks DLC|