|Zeroing range|| Primary scope:
Top mount red dot sight:
It has a backup red dot sight fitted above the primary scope for use in close encounters.
The main scope has a magnification strength of 2x with a fixed zeroing range of 300 m. The backup red dot sight on the other hand, is set to a zeroing of 200 m.
The RCO uses an illuminated crosshair reticle, and is optimised for use on all weapons chambered to fire the 6.5 mm round (both caseless and cased). This includes:
- The MX series of modular rifles (6.5 mm; all sub-variants)
- The Promet series of modular bullpups (6.5 mm; all sub-variants)
- Mk200 light machine gun (6.5 mm)
All horizontal bars on the reticle (EXCEPT for the top vertical stripe) rise in 100 metre increments. This begins at 300 metres for the centre dot and ends at 900 metres for the lowermost mark.
Only the top of the crosshair (uppermost vertical stripe) is set for targets at ranges of 100 metres.
- Black: Standard matte black finish. Used by both Mediterranean and Eastern European NATO forces.
- Khaki: Forest green paint finish. Exclusive to Pacific NATO forces.
- The RCO is based on the real-life "Mark 4 High Accuracy Multi-Range Riflescope" manufactured by Leupold Optics.
- The top mounted red dot sight on the other hand is based on Leupold's "DeltaPoint Reflex Sight".
- The Khaki-coloured RCO was not added until the release of the Apex expansion pack.
Optical sights of comparable role and configuration
|Weapon attachments of ArmA 3|
|Collimators||ACO • MRD • Yorris J2|
|Holographic sights||Mk17 Holosight|
|Riflescopes||ARCO • ERCO • MRCO • PMS • RCO|
|Sniper scopes||AMS • DMS • Kahlia • LRPS • MOS|
|Thermal/Night vision||TWS (MG) • Nightstalker • NVS|
|Aiming devices||IR laser pointer|
|Muzzle||SIMCOM Adapter • Sound Suppressor (5.56 mm, 5.7 mm, 5.8 mm, 6.5 mm, Stealth, 7.62 mm, .338, 9 mm, 9.3 mm, .45 ACP)|
| (Parenthesis) denote variants.|
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Contact DLC