|«|| The SPAR-17 designated marksman rifle is in many ways similar to the SPAR-16. The main difference is the chambering to 7.62 mm which also means a longer, thicker barrel and more weight. Thanks to the more powerful ammunition, the SPAR-17 is most suitable for ranges from 600 to 800 meters. The rifle offers a single and full auto mode and is, like the SPAR-16, compatible with a large number of accessories.|
|SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Faction|| - CTRG|
|Type||Designated Marksman Rifle|
|Caliber||7.62×51 mm NATO|
The SPAR-17 is a selective-fire, short-stroke, gas piston-operated battle rifle with a rotating bolt that is chambered for the 7.62×51 mm NATO round.
It loads from 20 round magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 600 rounds per minute on full auto, with a muzzle velocity of 900 m/s. The SPAR-17 accepts accessories on its top, side and underbarrel rails, and can also mount attachments onto its muzzle.
Accuracy-wise, the SPAR-17 is on par with both the Rahim and the Mk-I EMR. Its higher muzzle velocity also means that the SPAR-17 has slightly more range than the Rahim. Compared to the Mk18 ABR, it has less recoil and handles (marginally) better while shooting on full auto.
But as with all 7.62 mm rifles, the main downsides to the SPAR-17 are its low magazine capacity and long barrel; both of which make it ill-suited for use in close quarters.
- Khaki: Standard khaki green paint finish. Primarily used by CTRG Group 15 sharpshooters.
- Sand: Desert sand/desert tan paint finish. Used by NATO recon troops armed with the SPAR-17.
- Black: Matte black paint finish.
- The SPAR-17 is based on the "HK417 A2" designed by German firearms manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH.
- Prior to the release of the Tac-Ops DLC, the SPAR-17 was exclusively used by CTRG units. NATO recon units were later shown officially wielding the SPAR-17 for the Stepping Stone mini-campaign/scenario.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
- Mk-i EMR (NATO counterpart, ArmA 3: Marksmen only)
- Rahim (CSAT counterpart)
- Mk18 ABR (AAF counterpart)
- Mk14 (FIA counterpart, ArmA 3: Marksmen only)
|NATO - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX, MX 3GL, MXC) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338 • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1 • PCML • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC|