|«||The SPMG (Special Purpose Machine Gun) is a lightweight medium machine gun, which greatly benefits from modern materials. It is designed to fill the gap between 7.62 mm and .50 machine guns. The SPMG uses.338 Norma Magnum bullet. The effective range of the machine gun is 1500 m, and thanks to advanced technology, it has low recoil.
|Type||General-Purpose Machine Gun|
|Calibre||.338 Norma Magnum|
The SPMG is a gas operated, long-stroke piston operated medium machine gun that is chambered for .338 Norma Magnum.
It feeds from 130-round belts stored in cloth pouches and can achieve a fire rate of up to 500 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 807 m/s. The SPMG can be fitted with accessories on its top, side and underbarrel rails, as well as muzzle attachments.
The SPMG's recoil can be easily managed, and is relatively light for a full-size GPMG while being very accurate at all ranges. In fact, the SPMG's .338 round provides the operator with an GPMG that has accuracy on par with marksman rifles like the Cyrus and the MAR-10.
When paired with sniper optics like the AMS, the effective range of the SPMG can essentially extend out to an impressive distance of 2,000 metres, allowing it to technically fulfil both marksman and automatic rifleman roles.
Furthermore, the SPMG's .338 round demonstrates excellent barrier penetration. Steel and corrugated iron walls offer no resistance, and even moderately-thick stone/brick walls are unable to stop the SPMG's rounds from punching through. It can clear drivers and occupants out of MRAPs without damaging the vehicle other than potentially causing damage to its tyres and turret.
However, the SPMG's primary drawback is its somewhat underwhelming rate of fire. Unlike its CSAT counterpart, the SPMG is unable to lay down fire as quickly due to its pitiful cyclic fire rate of just 500 RPM. The Navid on the other hand, is capable of reaching anywhere from 705 up to a maximum of 1,500 RPM (on burst mode).
- Sand: Standard desert sand/flat dark earth paint scheme. Used by Mediterranean NATO forces.
- Black: Chrome black paint scheme. Utilised by NATO forces based in Eastern Europe.
- Camo: Spraypaint scheme designed to mimic NATO's MTP uniform camouflage.
|Base damage value||Aerodynamic friction||Initial velocity (m/s)||Penetration depth (mm)|
The SPMG can only be fed with 130-round cloth pouches. It has a "mass" value of 60 units:
.338 NM 130Rnd Belt
Belt pouch with one (visible) red tracer for every five rounds. The last five rounds will always consist of tracers.
- The SPMG is one out of seven premium weapons featured in the DLC. Simply equip it (and the other six) in the Virtual Arsenal and begin testing it. Can be done in a single sitting or in multiple playthroughs.
- The SPMG is based on the real-life "Lightweight Medium Machine Gun" designed by the General Dynamics Corporation (officially dubbed as the "Lightweight Machine Gun - Medium" or "LMG-M" by USSOCOM).
- The real LWMMG is a prototype medium machine gun that is being designed to replace its heavier predecessor, the "M240" GPMG currently in widespread use within the U.S. military.
- Armed variants of the Prowler LSV are fitted with a forward-facing SPMG that can be used by the commander. It is also only used by both models of the Rhino MGS as a coaxial MG, though oddly enough, neither the Slammer family of MBTs nor the Marshall IFV use it as a coaxial weapon.
- Oddly enough, specific Tanoan Gendarmerie officers can be seen using the SPMG in the Apex expansion's Old Man mini-campaign/scenario. However, none of their other units elsewhere in the mini-campaign actually wield the weapon.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
|NATO - Armoury (ArmA 3)|
|Handguns||4-five .45 • P07 9 mm* • Spectrum Device|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Carbines||MXC 6.5 mm*|
|Assault rifles||MX series (MX*, MX 3GL*) • SDAR 5.56 mm • SPAR-16 series* (SPAR-16*, SPAR-16 GL*)|
|Designated marksman rifles||Mk-I EMR 7.62 mm • MAR-10 .338* • MXM 6.5 mm • SPAR-17 7.62 mm*|
|Sniper rifles||M320 LRR .408|
|Squad automatic weapons||MX SW 6.5 mm* • SPAR-16S 5.56 mm*|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 1* • PCML* • Titan MPRL • Titan MPRL Compact|
|Static||Mk6 Mortar • Mk30 • Mk32 • Remote Designator • Static Titan Launcher (AA, AT)|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
* denotes weapons also used or are exclusive to the CTRG sub-faction.
Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC | Tanks DLC