|Faction|| - United Nations|
- Takistani Army
- Talon International
|Seats|| 6 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max:
|Top speed||115 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||130 L|
The ArmA 2 SUV is used by United Nations envoys and staff, Takistani Army officers, along with ION/Talon International private military contractors. It was added with the release of the Operation Arrowhead expansion pack.
- V.I.P transport
|«|| A SUV (sport utility vehicle) is a generic marketing term for a vehicle similar to a station wagon, but built on a light-truck chassis. In this case, this SUV is, in fact, a limousine.|
The SUV is a large-sized, four-door, 4x4 limousine vehicle designed to serve in a variety of roles, from acting as a defensive security vehicle to an armed transport.
It is available in two variants; a baseline unarmed version that has no weapons mounted on it, and an armed version that has a minigun mounted on pop-out turret ring.
The SUV's elevated clearance (compared to standard vehicles) gives it a better view of the road, and enables it to jump curbs and other terrain obstacles with little difficulty. Being a four-wheel drive vehicle also enables it to maneuver well while off-road.
One of the major downsides to the SUV as its increased height, which also raises its centre of gravity and means that the likelihood of a rollover while turning on corners at high speeds is quite high.
The other downside is its large size and weight, which means that it has rather poor fuel economy. This makes the SUV ill-suited for travel on long drives where there is little opportunity to refuel.
The SUV has a seating capacity of up to six passengers (including the driver).
- Main article: Armored SUV
- The in-game SUV is based on the real-world 2009 model of "Suburban SUV" designed by U.S.-based car manufacturer Chevrolet, itself a subsidiary of General Motors.
- The SUV appears to be the vehicle of choice for all PMC contractors operating throughout Takistan as even ION's rival company, Talon International, uses the SUV as their primary form of ground transportation.
- This can be seen throughout the campaign with the countless numbers of appearances that the SUV makes, and in the AAN news report that details an ambush on a convoy of Talon PMCs.
|Seats|| 4 seats:
|Item capacity|| Max: 2000 mass
|Top speed||250 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||40 L|
The ArmA 3 SUV is used by Altian civilians as a luxury vehicle.
- Civil transportation
|«|| A full-size luxury crossover SUV, not particularly suitable for off-road but with good on-road ability. Its powerful engine and 4x4 contribute to the enjoyable rides in higher speeds.|
The SUV is a civilian four-door, compact luxury vehicle.
Unlike the Hatchback, the SUV has greater clearance that provides the driver with a clearer view of the road. It is slightly tougher and less prone to collision damage as well; though being a civilian vehicle it obviously lacks armour for protection against gunfire.
Just like the Offroad, the SUV is one of the few civilian vehicles that can be airlifted by aircraft; either through internal transportation or via slingloading.
It is quite similar to the Offroad in that it handles quite well while off-road, but is faster in terms of acceleration.
The SUV has a seating capacity of up to four passengers (including the driver).
- Red: Pattern-less dark red paint scheme.
- Black: Pattern-less matte black paint scheme.
- Grey: Pattern-less medium grey paint scheme.
- Orange: Two-tone orange/black paint scheme.
- The ArmA 3 SUV appears to be based on the real-world BMW "X6".
- Alongside the Hatchback, the release of Game Update 1.82 altered the SUV's handling so that it is entirely possible to drift while turning.
- An unintended side effect of this update was that the SUV was also made significantly more fragile due to the new armour system, which means that the SUV is liable to explode on even the slightest of crashes against hard objects.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
|Takistani Army - Vehicles (ArmA 2)|
|Wheeled||9P117 SCUD-B • BM-21 Grad • BTR-60 • BRDM-2 • Military Offroad • Motorcycle • SUV • UAZ-469 • Ural • V3S|
|Tracked||BMP-2 • BVP-1 • M113 • T-34 • T-55 • T-72 • ZSU-23-4|
|Rotor-wing||Mi-8 • Mi-24D • UH-1H|
|Fixed-wing||An-2 • L-39ZA • Su-25|
|Operation Arrowhead | Army of the Czech Republic|
|ION Services - Vehicles (ArmA 2)|
|Wheeled||SUV (Armored SUV)|
|Rotor-wing||Ka-60 • Ka-137|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Operation Arrowhead | Private Military Company|
|United Nations - Vehicles (ArmA 2)|
|Wheeled||SUV • UAZ-469 • Ural|
|Tracked||BMP-2 • M113|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Operation Arrowhead|