|Faction|| Soviet Union|
|Top speed||~ 68 km/h|
|Fuel capacity||700 fuel units|
- Direct fire and manoeuvre
|«||Featuring modified turret and ceramic armor, the T-80 is the first Soviet tank to be powered by gas turbine. It maintains the low profile of earlier tank designs and can be equipped with snorkels for deep fording operations (these are stowed behind the turret), one of which provides air intake to gas turbines. 1st generation reactive armor makes T80 extremely resistant across its frontal arc to all kinds of NATO ATGM (Anti-Tank Guided Missile).
The T-80 is a further development of the T-64 tank, and is designed to be a more capable alternative to the T-72.
Though similar in appearance to the T-72, the T-80 has improved armour plating, and uses a gas turbine engine instead which provides increased speed and power.
It is armed with a 120 mm smoothbore cannon and has a coaxial 12.7 mm heavy machine gun.
The standard loadout of the T-80 gives it 35 rounds of high-explosive anti-tank (HEAT) and 35 rounds of armour-piercing (AP) shells for the main gun. The coaxial 12.7 mm HMG is loaded with a single 500-round belt box and has no spare belt boxes to reload from.
The direct counterpart to the American M1A1 tank, the T-80 is one of the two heavy tanks in Cold War Assault. It has nearly double the amount of armour as the T-72 while also using the same 120 mm cannon. Thanks to being fitted with a more powerful engine, the T-80 can also attain a higher top speed.
Its only drawbacks are that it isn't as well-armoured as the M1A1. Nonetheless, the T-80 will still be able to resist at least three direct hits from an M72 LAW rocket launcher, and can compete with the M1A1 on an even footing due to using the same 120 mm cannon and munitions.
The T-80 has a maximum crew capacity of three for the driver, a gunner and commander. It is unable to transport any passengers.
- Olive: Standard olive paint scheme. Exclusive to Soviet T-80s.
- Guerrilla: Olive drab paint scheme but customised with guerilla markings and green stripes. Exclusive to FIA guerillas.
The T-80 has 700 points worth of armour plating.
NOTE: For specifics on the Cannon 120 mm's munitions, see its related section listed here.
All weapon systems are controlled by the gunner position. Their optics can switch between two fields of view:
Cannon 120 mm
120 mm smoothbore cannon. Can load either HE or AP-type munitions.
It can achieve a fire rate of 7.5 rounds per minute and accuracy-wise, has a fixed dispersion of 0.002 rad regardless of range. There is no delay for swapping between munition types.
HMG 12.7 mm
|Base damage value||Initial velocity (m/s)|
Coaxial 12.7 mm heavy machine gun.
It can attain a fire rate of up to 600 RPM and has a muzzle velocity of 1,000 m/s. Accuracy-wise, it always has a fixed dispersion of 0.0007 rad regardless of distance.
- The T-80 erroneously uses the same 120 mm cannon as the U.S. M1A1.
- In reality, the T-80 was always armed with the 2A46 cannon which is chambered in 125 mm and not 120 mm. Similarly, the in-game T-80 also lacks the ability to fire gun-launched missiles.
- Separate config entries for a 125 mm cannon weapon and its ammunition do exist in the game's configuration files but remain unused. Whether the decision to arm the T-80 with a 120 mm cannon was intended by design or is simply an oversight is not known.
- There is a unique variant of the T-80 (Classname: T80Auto) that is crewless and can be entirely operated by the driver alone. However, it cannot be placed or spawned in the mission editor without resorting to scripts.
Vehicles of comparable role and configuration
- T-72 (Medium Soviet counterpart)
- T-90 (Modern Russian Armed Forces successor, ArmA 2 only)
- M1A1 (U.S. counterpart)
|Vehicles of ArmA: Cold War Assault|
|Wheeled||Bike • BRDM • Bus • HMMWV • Motorcycle • PV3S • Jeep • SCUD • Skoda • Small car • Sports car • Trabant • Tractor • Truck 5T • UAZ • Ural|
|Tracked||BMP-1 • BMP-2 • M1A1 • M113 (Vulcan) • M60A3 • M2A2 Bradley • Shilka • T-55 • T-72 • T-80|
|Rotor-wing||AH-1 Cobra • AH-64 • CH-47D • Ka-50 • Mi-17 • Mi-24 • OH-58 • UH-60|
|Fixed-wing||A-10 • Plane • Sopwith F.1 Camel • Su-25|
|Aquatic||Boat • LST • Mark II PBR|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
|Soviet Union - Vehicles (ArmA: Cold War Assault)|
|Wheeled||BRDM • SCUD* • UAZ • Ural|
|Tracked||BMP-1 • BMP-2 • Shilka • T-72 • T-80|
|Rotor-wing||Ka-50 • Mi-17 • Mi-24|
|Fixed-wing||Sopwith F.1 Camel v2 • Su-25|
|* not actually usable outside of cutscenes.|
|FIA - Vehicles (ArmA: Cold War Assault)|
|Wheeled||Bus* • Jeep • Motorcycle • PV3S • UAZ*|
|Tracked||BMP-1* • T-55* • T-72* • T-80*|
|* used by the Nogovan Partisans in the Resistance campaign|