|«|| The TRG-21 is a bullpup assault rifle used by the FIA. It features an ergonomical design that supports accurate fire in harsh conditions. TRG-21 is lightweight, ambidextrous, easily serviceable and compatible with a large number of accessories. TRG-21 EGLM is mounted with an enhanced grenade launching module. A carbine variant is labeled TRG-20. Compared to TRG-21, it features a short barrel better suited for close quarters combat situations.|
|TRG-21 5.56 mm|
|Faction|| - FIA|
|Type||Bullpup Assault Rifle|
|Caliber||5.56×45 mm NATO|
|Variants||TRG-20, TRG-21 EGLM|
The TRG-21 is a gas operated, selective-fire assault rifle that is chambered to fire the 5.56×45 mm NATO round.
It loads from 30 round STANAG magazines and can attain a fire rate of up to 750 rounds per minute, with a muzzle velocity of 920 m/s. The top and side rails support being mounted with optical sights and side rail accessories, while the muzzle can be fitted with suppressor attachments.
Along with its sub-variants, the TRG-21 is a fairly decent assault rifle that provides both a high rate of fire and low recoil in a compact package.
Compared to the Mk20 bullpup used by the AAF, it has a slightly higher effective range and better accuracy at short-medium ranges. It is also fairly light to carry, and is suitable for use in close quarters thanks to its bullpup configuration.
However, some of the disadvantages that come with the TRG-21 lie in its usage of 5.56 mm ammunition. Although this is what makes its magazines lighter to carry, the TRG-21 has considerably lacklustre performance when it comes to both range and penetrating body armour.
Being a bullpup weapon also results in the TRG-21 taking slightly longer to reload compared to conventionally-designed rifles like the MX or SPAR-16 rifles, requiring 1 whole second to finish rearming.
While these downsides do not make the TRG-21 an inherently poor weapon by any standard, it lacks any unique attributes (aside from its accuracy) that would make it stand out compared to other assault rifles in its class.
- Main article: TRG-20
|TRG-21 EGLM 5.56 mm|
|Faction|| - FIA|
|Type||Bullpup Assault Rifle / UGL|
|Caliber||5.56×45 mm NATO / 40 mm|
|30 / 1|
The TRG-21 EGLM is a modified version of the baseline TRG-21 rifle that has an underbarrel grenade launcher attached to it. As with its parent weapon, it is also chambered to fire the same 5.56×45 mm NATO round, while the grenade launcher can launch 40 mm grenades.
It loads from the same 30 round STANAG magazines and is completely identical performance-wise aside from having slightly increased inertia. The EGLM uses a red dot quadrant sight that can be zeroed up to a maximum distance of 400 metres.
- Along with its sub-variants, the TRG-21 is directly based on the "Tavor" family of bullpup assault rifles designed by Israel Weapon Industries (IWI).
- Though they share the same name, the in-game TRG-21 should not be confused with the real-world "TRG-21" sniper rifle designed by Finland-based arms manufacturer SAKO Ltd.
- The EGLM on the other hand, is based on the "MK13 Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module", a 40 mm grenade launcher designed by FN Herstal of Belgium that can be used in both standalone and underbarrel configurations.
- Screenshots released during the pre-Alpha phase of ArmA 3's development indicated that the TRG-21 was originally meant to be a CSAT weapon. By the time of the Alpha and Beta's release however, it was eventually replaced by the Katiba.
- It was also available in a black finish as opposed to the olive paint used in the final version of the game. Unfortunately, this texture can no longer be found in the game files.
Weapons of comparable role and configuration
|Government Loyalists - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Assault rifles||AK-12 7.62 mm (AK-12 GL) • AKS-74U 5.45 mm • AKM 7.62 mm • Mk20 5.56 mm (Mk20C, Mk20 EGLM) • SPAR-16 series (SPAR-16, SPAR-16 GL) • TRG-21 5.56 mm (TRG-20, TRG-21 EGLM)|
|Designated marksmen rifles||Mk14 7.62 mm • Mk18 ABR 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||LIM-85 5.56 mm • Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||RPG-7 • RPG-42|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Apex DLC|
|FIA - Armory (ArmA 3)|
|Assault rifles||Mk20 5.56 mm • TRG-21 5.56 mm (TRG-20, TRG-21 EGLM)|
|Designated marksmen rifles||Mk14 7.62 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|
|Launchers||MAAWS Mk4 Mod 0 • RPG-42|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants. | Marksmen DLC | Tanks DLC|