|«||The R4 is a South African licensed variant of the Israeli IMIL Galat, chambered for 5.56 mm rounds, with several modifications applied. Besides being made of a high-strength polymer, differences include the lack of a carry handle and a number of improvements made to its internal operating mechanism.
|Velko R4 5.56 mm|
|Calibre||5.56×45 mm NATO|
|35 / 50|
The Velko R4 is a selective-fire assault rifle chambered to fire the 5.56×45 mm NATO cartridge.
It loads from either 35-round box magazines or 50-round extended magazines. It has a muzzle velocity of 925 m/s, and can attain a rate of fire that ranges between 600 (semi) up to approximately ~ 675 (full auto) rounds per minute.
The Velko R4 allows for optical sights to be fitted onto its top rail and can also mount a sound suppressor. However, because it utilises an integral folding bipod, it does not require a separate bipod to be mounted. Additionally, it lacks a side rail and cannot be customised with flashlights or laser pointers.
|Base damage value||Aerodynamic friction||Initial velocity (m/s)||Penetration depth (mm)|
The Velko R4 supports only two types of magazines. They do not have alternate camouflage options.
5.56 mm 35rnd Mag
Standard 35-round magazine loaded with 5.56 mm ball ammunition. It has a weight of 9 "mass" units.
Only the last four rounds of the magazine consist of visible tracers.
5.56 mm 50rnd Mag
Extended capacity 50-round magazine. It is heavier and weighs a total of 14 "mass" instead.
Aside from its increased capacity/weight, it remains identical to regular 35-rounder magazines.
- Western Sahara's Velko R4 is directly modelled after the South African-made "Vektor R4" assault rifle.
- Although it is not utilised by the SFIA, North African CSAT crewmen are uniquely equipped with the Velko R4 (no other units are issued the rifle).
- Following Update 1.02's release, the Velko R4's muzzle velocity was slightly reduced from its initial 950 m/s to its current 925 m/s.
- Curiously, there is an unused text string within the DLC's files that references a so-called "Velko R5 GL" variant (String name: STR_LXWS_VEKTOR_GL).
- Based on its suffix, it can be assumed that it would be for a Velko derivative that is either equipped with an underbarrel grenade launcher or rifle grenade adapter. However, no actual config entry or a model exists for this (supposedly) unused variant.
|Weapons of Western Sahara|
|Assault rifles||Galat ARM 7.62 mm • SLR 7.62 mm (GL) • Velko R4 5.56 mm • XMS 5.56 mm (SG, GL)|
|Squad automatic weapons||XMS SW 5.56 mm|
|(Parenthesis) denote variants.|
|UNA - Armoury (Western Sahara)|
|Submachine guns||Vermin .45|
|Assault rifles||Velko R4 5.56 mm|
|Squad automatic weapons||Mk200 6.5 mm|